Today we are reviewing the HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset after using it almost for a week.
Gaming is a rapid-growing community where one can fulfill his/her dreams of playing video games for hours and earn as well by streaming or participating in tournaments.
If you ever followed gaming community, streamers, or any competitive players especially playing FPS games like Counter-Strike, Valorant, Call of Duty, or Battle Royal Games like PUBG, Fortnite, etc, you may have noticed they always use premium quality accessories like Headsets, Mouse, Keyboard, Monitors for lowest latency and maximum efficiency with comfort.
HyperX is a renowned brand from Kingston to create disruption in the gaming world. Frankly speaking, this brand is not a super budget-friendly option but if you are looking for the best product with excellent quality and performance then it is probably the best choice. That is why most of the streamers or competitive players use this brand, HyperX.
Why would you need a Gaming Headset?
This is probably the most common question everyone asks themselves before buying a gaming headset. Briefly, below are the general reasons you may want to have a gaming headset.
- Better comfort and ergonomics with light-weight design
- Dynamic driver for excellent directional audio and adequate bass performance
- Crisp low and mid-tones (to hear enemy footsteps, bullet-firing, etc more clearer)
- In-built condenser cardioid microphone (noise-canceling) for better voice clarity
P.S. If you have high-end non-gaming headphones from Sennheiser, Bose, AKG, etc, you may find that adequate because of their versatile audio drivers and design. Even most budget headphones can provide okayish directional audio in optimized FPS games.
Before we discuss our verdict, pros, and cons, let’s see the technical specification, box contents, and design of the HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset.
HyperX Cloud Stinger Technical Specification
- Driver: Dynamic, 50mm with neodymium magnets
- Type: Circumaural, Closed back
- Audio Type: Stereo
- Frequency Response: 18Hz-23,000Hz
- Impedance: 30Ω
- Sound pressure level: 102 ± 3dBSPL/mW at 1kHz
- T.H.D.: < 2%
- Input power: Rated 30mW, Maximum 500mW
- Element: Electret condenser microphone
- Polar pattern: Uni-directional, Noise-canceling
- Frequency response: 50Hz~18,000Hz
- Sensitivity: -40 dBV (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)
HyperX Cloud Stinger Design
- Dimensions: will update soon
- Body: Plastic frame with adjustable Steel Sliders
- Audio Controls: Onboard
- Weight: 275 gram
- Cable length and type: Headset (1.3m) + Extension Y-cable(1.7m)
- Connection: Headset – 3.5mm plug (4 pole) + extension cable – 3.5mm stereo and mic plugs
- Colors available: Black with Red Accent
HyperX Cloud Stinger Box Contents
- HyperX Cloud Stinger Headphone
- 3.5 mm Y-Splitter
- Quick Start Guide & Warranty Card
HyperX Cloud Stinger has a large 50mm Neodymium driver that sounds great. Directional audio & sound clarity is on point. Even the noise-canceling microphone is crystal clear and reduces noise significantly but depending upon the environment you may need to tune it in system settings. Its swivel to mute feature is useful and very handy, a click sound while turning on/off the mic is easy to notice.
There are few cons also I would like to highlight, for a few these could be a deal-breaker. If you are a Bass lover then you may not like this HyperX Cloud Stinger gaming headset, otherwise, this is good for balanced music, I personally like it. This headset looks premium but made of plastic & bulky in design. At this price point, HyperX should have used braided cable although the cable provided is good enough but still…
Lastly, Windows Sonic Spatial sound lowers this headset volume significantly though you can disable it from the control center.
After using it in games like Valorant, PUBG, etc, and listening to music, I can say this sub 5K headset is awesome and justify the price. Initially this HyperX Cloud Stinger Gaming Headset was priced at Rs 3890/- approx. But currently, it is available in Amazon for Rs. 4690/- which I feel justified.
You can buy it from this Amazon best buy link.
At this point, its only alternative could be Corsair HS60 (better choice) which is not available.
P.S. Above best buy link is an affiliate link. I will get a small commission if you purchase from it, for no additional cost to you.