Samsung recently launched its Premium mid-range smartphone Samsung Galaxy M51, stating the meanest monster ever. Samsung is one of the most renowned and popular smartphone brands in India. No matter what Samsung always lists in the top 3 of almost every smartphone segment.
For a few years, this brand was lacking to offer the latest and competitive specifications. But since February 2019 after Samsung unveils its first M-Series smartphones M10 & M20, it seems to compete well with other brand’s offerings.
Undoubtedly this smartphone packs some of the best in the class specification like Snapdragon 730G CPU, a 6.7-inch FHD+ Super-AMOLED Plus display, and a gigantic 7000 mAh battery. The brand also claims to charge this monster up within 115 minutes.
Before we discuss our verdict, pros, and cons, let’s see the technical specification, box contents, and design of the new Samsung Galaxy M51.
Samsung Galaxy M51 Technical Specification
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G up to 2.2 GHz Octa-core CPU with Adreno 618 GPU
- 6.7″ FHD+ Super-AMOLED Plus Infinity-O Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- 64 MP f/1.8 (Primary Lens) + 12 MP f/2.2 (ultra-wide FOV 123°) + 5 MP f/2.4 (Macro Lens) + 5 MP f/2.4 (Depth Sensor) Rear camera and 32 MP f/2.2 front camera
- 6/8 GB LPDDR4X RAM + 128 GB Internal Storage
- Dual nano sim slot with dedicated MicroSD slot (up to 512 GB)
- 7000 mAh Battery with 25W Fast Charge with Type-C USB
- 4G, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- 3.5 mm Audio Jack and Dual Microphone
- Face unlock and Side-mounted Fingerprint scanner
- OneUI 2.1 based on Android 10
Samsung Galaxy M51 Design
- Dimensions: will update soon
- Body: Polycarbonate
- Weight: 213 gram
- Colors available: Electric Blue, Celestial Black
- Variant Available: 6/8 GB RAM + 128 GB ROM
Samsung Galaxy M51 Box Contents
- Samsung Galaxy M51 smartphone
- 25W Fast Charger & Type-C to Type-C cable
- Quick Start Guide & Warranty Card
- Sim ejector tool
In word really Samsung Galaxy M51 is really a monster. Snapdragon 730G, 6/8 GB LPDDR4X RAM, and flagship-level Super-AMOLED Plus display will deliver the smoothest experience in this price range. Even 64 Megapixel Primary lens with Sony IMX682 sensor is more than enough. Other features like Dolby Atmos support for headphones, reverse charging support, Widevine L1 support for HD content watching in OTT platforms, massive 7000 mAh battery, all this makes this smartphone a complete package. I really loved the overall package.
There are things which may not necessary for everyone but still, I would like to highlight. First Samsung should have provided in-display fingerprint as they already used an AMOLED panel. The in-display fingerprint scanner still adds a premium touch to any smartphone. Secondly, I feel Samsung should offer a 90Hz panel for a smoother scrolling experience although Snapdragon 730G is not good at 90fps but still.
Lastly, I would say this Galaxy M51 smartphone is priced almost 2k more than what I expected. I personally beileve at INR 22999 (6GB + 128GB) / 24999 (8GB + 128GB), this phone would have been unbeatable. Although if you have a HDFC bank card you can avail Rs 2000 discount within 18-20 September 2020 as an introductory offer.
If you are looking for a complete package in a smartphone within the 25K price range then Samsung Galaxy M51 will be a perfect choice, otherwise, you can go with Realme X3 (Snapdragon 855+ & 120Hz display but lacks AMOLED panel) and Oneplus Nord (Snapdragon 765 5G but overpriced).
In case you are in a budget of 20K then Realme 7 Pro could be the best choice for you with Snapdragon 720G, AMOLED display, in-display fingerprint scanner, Dolby stereo display, and many more.
P.S. Samsung Galaxy M51 smartphone will be available from September 18, 2020, at Amazon, 6GB + 128 GB at Rs. 24999/-, 8GB + 128GB at Rs. 26999/- with an additional discount of Rs 2000 in HDFC banks cards and EMI.