OPPO recently launched its latest A-series smartphone OPPO A53. This phone has got some really interesting and first in segment features like dual stereo speakers, higher refresh rate display. Still, I personally believe it has only one major con. Today we are going to share our first impressions on OPPO A53.
OPPO is a subsidiary brand of BBK Electronics same as Vivo, Realme, and Oneplus. In August 2014, OPPO launched its first phone in India as OPPO N1. Since then this company started targeting youth generations, minutely followed their interest, and gradually captured a significant portion of the total Indian smartphone market. OPPO initially marketed itself as a camera-centric smartphone phone, to be honest, those phones used to have comparatively lower-end specification than other similar brand products.
But from the last few years, scenarios got changed drastically, now they are innovating, launching smartphones with very competitive specs, even pricing came closer to the current market standard.
Before we discuss our verdict, pros, and cons, let’s see the technical specification, box contents, and design of the new OPPO A53.
OPPO A53 Technical Specification
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 up to 1.8GHz with Adreno 610 @600MHz GPU
- 6.5″ HD+ (20:9) IPS Display with up to 90Hz refresh rate
- Up to 120Hz touch sampling rate
- 13 MP f/2.2 (Primary Lens) + 2 MP f/2.4 (Depth) + 2 MP f/2.4 (Macro) Rear camera and 16 MP f/2.0 front camera
- 4/6 GB LPDDR4X RAM + 64/128 GB UFS 2.1 Internal Storage (Upto 256GB MicroSD card supported)
- Dual nano sim slot with dedicated MicroSD slot
- 5000 mAh Battery
- 18W fast charging with USB Type-C
- 4G, Dual-band Wi-Fi, and GPS/A-GPS, GPS L1, Beidou, Glonass, Galileo Location services
- Fingerprint sensor & Face unlock
- Dual Stereo Speakers, 3.5 mm headphone jack and two microphones for better noise canceling
- Android 10 out of the box
OPPO A53 Design
- Dimensions: 163.9 x 75.1 x 8.4 mm
- Body: Polycarbonate
- Weight: 186 grams
- Colors available: Fancy Blue, Fairy White & Electric Black
- Variant Available: 4GB+64GB and 6GB+128GB
OPPO A53 Box Contents
- Protective case
- Sim ejector tool
- 18W Fast Charger & type-c USB 2.0 cable
- Quick Start Guide, Warranty Card
- OPPO A53 smartphone
This phone is really a steal-deal with its first in class features like 90Hz display, dual stereo speakers. This device also gets Widevine L1 certified so you can watch HD content in OTT platforms and the stereo speaker setup will be ice on the cake. Even the overall display would be butter smooth for 90Hz display.
Now the biggest cons, its processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 460 which is not capable of even 60 fps gaming. Technically 90Hz display will smoothen the scrolling experience only cause YouTube or OTT apps also do not support 90 fps content.
Don’t get me wrong, this smartphone can handle everything smoothly but gaming will definitely be laggy especially for resource-hungry games like PUBG Mobile, COD, etc. I wish OPPO could have provided a better chipset like MediaTek Helio G90T or Snapdragon 720G for at least 60 fps steady gaming, maybe for a thousand rupees more.
Finally, I would say OPPO did a fantastic job and priced OPPO A53 very aggressively. If you rarely play any games or use any resource-hungry apps and looking for a budget value for money smartphone, then I can strongly recommend you OPPO A53