Motorola is a trendy and reputed name in the telecom industry, once a pioneer re-entered the Indian market in 2013 with its first-generation G series smartphone, now they have launched their latest moto g9 in a similar category, i.e., budget mid-range segment and today we are going to share our first impressions.
Since 2013, Motorola is delivering a pure Android experience which many people liked rather than over-bloated and custom-skinned Android from other competitors. As a result, these phones provide a smoother experience for a longer time. Additionally, stock android is proven easier to use and understand for beginners, especially for our parents or grandparents.
Yeah, I do believe that stock android lacks a lot of basic essentials like call recorder, personalized look, comparatively lesser price tags but on the other side, you do not get any Ads or bloatware even in budget segment devices. Although this choice varies from person to person.
Now I am not saying that this latest ‘moto g9’ is the best budget mid-range smartphone for everyone but it is definitely for many people who want simplicity, reliable build quality, and brand image.
Before we discuss our verdict, pros, and cons, let’s see the technical specification, box contents, and design of the new Motorola moto g9.
Moto g9 Technical Specification
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (11 nm SoC) 2.0 GHz octa-core with Kryo 260 CPU with 950 MHz Adreno 610 GPU
- 6.5″ HD+ (20:9) IPS TFT LCD panel
- 48 MP f/1.7 (Primary Lens) + 2 MP (Depth) + 2 MP (Macro) rear camera and 8 MP front camera
- 4 GB LPDD4X RAM + 64 GB Internal Storage (Upto 512GB microSD card supported)
- Dual nano sim hybrid slot (1 Nano SIM + 1 microSD / 2 Nano SIMs)
- 5000 mAh Battery
- Supports 20W Turbopower charging with USB Type-C
- 4G, Dual-band Wi-Fi, NFC support, and GPS, A-GPS, LTEPP, SUPL, GLONASS, Galileo
- Fingerprint sensor & Face unlock
- 3.5 mm headphone jack and two microphones for better noise canceling
- Dedicated Google Assistant button
- Water repellent coating to prevent accidental spills or splashes
- Android 10 out of the box
Moto g9 Design
- Dimensions: 165.21 x 75.73 x 9.18 mm
- Weight: 200 grams
- Body: Plastic
- Colors available: Sapphire Blue and Forest Green
Moto g9 Box Contents
- Protective case
- Sim ejector tool
- 20W TurboPower Charger & type-c USB 2.0 cable
- User manual
- moto g9 smartphone
If you are looking for a trendy designed budget smartphone for moderate usage like social networking, calling, messaging and multimedia usage then you can choose this smartphone. Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 SoC coupled with 5000 mAh battery and 4 GB LPDDR4X RAM can easily accomplish tasks in a flash. Also, being a stock android phone, you will not get any bloatware (except preinstalled moto apps) and Ads.
Note: Stock android does not come with call recorder so install any third party app if needed.
But if you are planning to play resource-hungry games like PUBG Mobile, Asphalt, Call of Duty then it might feel laggy and to be honest, you should go for at least Mediatek G90T or snapdragon 720G based smartphones.
Finally, I would say this time Motorola did a good job. If you are looking for an all-rounder phone in a very tight budget, I can easily recommend Moto g9.
P.S. Moto g9 smartphone will be available from 31 August 2020 at 12 PM on Flipkart for Rs. 11499/-.