POCO recently launched its mid-range X series smartphone POCO X3 on September 22, 2020. The new POCO X3 gets a 120Hz IPS FHD+ display, 240Hz touch sampling rate, 64MP Primary camera, Snapdragon 732G, Dual Stereo Speakers, and the 33W fast charging support. Although it has a few downgrades from its predecessor POCO X2 like back panel and selfie camera.
Before we discuss our verdict, pros, and cons, let’s see the technical specification, box contents, and design of the new POCO X3.
POCO X3 Technical Specification
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G Octa-core, Up to 2.3 GHz. GPU Adreno 618
- 6.67″ FHD+ 120 Hz IPS Display 395 PPI with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 Protection, 240 Hz touch sampling rate, HDR 10 support
- 64 MP f/1.73 Sony IMX682 (Primary Lens) + 13 MP f/2.2 (ultra-wide FOV 119°) + 2 MP f/2.4 (Macro Lens) + 2 MP f/2.4 (Depth Sensor) Rear camera and 20 MP f/2.2 front camera
- 6/8 GB LPDDR4X RAM + 64/128 GB Internal Storage (UFS 2.1)
- Dual nano sim with hybrid MicroSD (up to 512 GB) slot
- 6000 mAh Battery with 33W Fast Charge via Type-C USB
- 4G, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, and A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Dual Stereo Speakers, Dual Microphone, Infrared sensor, and Notification Light
- Face unlock and Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- MIUI 12 (For POCO) based on Android 10
POCO X3 Design
- Dimensions: 165.3 x 76.8 x 10.08 mm
- Body: Polycarbonate
- Weight: 225 gram
- Colors available: Cobalt Blue, Shadow Grey
- Variant Available: 6/8 GB RAM + 64/128 GB ROM
POCO X3 Box Contents
- POCO X3 smartphone
- Sim ejector tool
- Soft Transparent Case
- 33W Fast Charger & Type-C USB cable
- Quick Start Guide & Warranty Card
POCO X3 is an uncontested smartphone at its price point with practical features like FHD+ 120Hz display, 240Hz touch sampling rate, Snapdragon 732G, 64MP Camera, stereo speakers, 6000 mAh battery, and many more. Additionally, MIUI 12 on POCO is less clattered and feels smoother than any other phones running MIUI. Even POCO X3 offers realistic variants too like 6GB+64GB,6GB+128GB and 8GB+128GB.
The biggest con, I would say is its big and bold branding on the back. Seriously, after paying for a mobile phone why would I do its advertising every time. Secondly, the predecessor POCO X2 used to have a glass back and dual selfie camera which is now replaced with a polycarbonate back and single selfie camera. But trust me it should not matters.
If you are looking for a powerful mid-range smartphone then POCO X3 will be a perfect choice as of now. Otherwise, you may go with Realme 7 Pro for Super AMOLED display and 65W SueprDart Charger especially at a higher price, starting at Rs. 19999/- for 6GB + 64GB variant, check out our detailed post on Realme 7 Pro, here.
But to be very honest, I personally believe POCO X3 is more practical than any other under 20K smartphone.
P.S. POCO X3 smartphone will be available from September 29, 2020, at Flipkart, 6GB+64GB at Rs. 16999/-, 6GB+128GB at Rs. 18499/-. and 8GB+128GB at Rs. 19999/-.