Oppo has recently launched its F-series smartphone Oppo F17 Pro on September 2, 2020. Today we are going to share our first impressions on Oppo F17 Pro.
The Oppo F-series is Mediatek powered selfie-centered devices, as OPPO used their tagline “Selfie Expert”. Since January 2016, Oppo has launched its F-series smartphones every year as F1 (2016), F3 (2017), F5 (2017), F7 (2018), F9 (2018), F11 Pro (2019), F15 (2020), and finally F17 Pro (Sep 2020).
Before we discuss our verdict, pros, and cons, let’s see the technical specification, box contents, and design of the new Oppo F17 Pro.
Oppo F17 Pro Technical Specification
- MediaTek Helio P95 up to 2.2GHz with IMG 9XM-HP8 970MHz GPU
- 6.43″ FHD+ (20:9) Super AMOLED Display with 430nits max brightness
- Touch Sampling Rate up to 180Hz
- 48 MP f/1.7 (Primary Lens) + 8 MP f/2.25 (ultra-wide) + 2 MP f/2.4 + 2 MP f/2.4 (Mono Lens) Rear camera and 16 MP f/2.4 (Main) + 2 MP f/2.4 (Depth) front camera
- 8 GB LPDDR4X RAM + 128 GB Internal Storage (UFS 2.1)
- Dual nano sim slot with dedicated MicroSD slot up to 256GB support)
- 4015 mAh Battery with 30W VOOC Flash Charge 4.0 with Type-C USB
- 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.1, and GPS, A-GPS, Beido, Glonass, GALILEO, QZSS
- Face unlock and in-display fingerprint scanner
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- ColorOS 7.2 based on Android 10
Oppo F17 Pro Design
- Dimensions: 160.14 x 73.77 x 7.48 mm
- Body: Polycarbonate
- Weight: 164 grams
- Colors available: Matte Black, Magic Blue & Metallic White
- Variant Available: 8GB RAM + 128 GB ROM
Oppo F17 Pro Box Contents
- Protective Case
- Sim ejector tool
- 30W VOOC Flash Charge 4.0 Adapter & Type-C USB cable
- Quick Start Guide & Warranty Card
- Oppo F17 Pro smartphone
The latest Oppo F17 Pro shines in the Camera and Display department. The main camera seems to capture exceptionally detailed and sharp photos at this price point. 6.43″ FHD Super-AMOLED with an in-display fingerprint scanner is awesome for multimedia usage but max brightness could have been better for outdoor usage. This phone has a 3.5 mm headphone jack with trendy punch-hole front cameras.
What we mainly don’t like is its processor MediaTek Helio P95, no doubt it can handle almost anything but gaming. Still, at this price point, we should get Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G/730G or at least MediaTek Helio G90T. With Helio P95, Oppo could have priced this smartphone a minimum of 2-3k less.
If you are looking for a good camera smartphone and enjoy a lot of multimedia content then you can purchase this Oppo F17 Pro. But please keep in mind resource-hungry gaming is not recommended on Oppo F17 Pro.
Otherwise, Poco X2, Realme 7 Pro, Realme X3 (with Snapdragon 855+ SoC, and 120Hz IPS panel) could be a better choice.
P.S. Oppo F17 Pro smartphone will be available from September 7, 2020, at Amazon, 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM at Rs. 22990/-.