Mi has recently launched a new smartphone in its Redmi lineup Redmi 9 Power on December 17, 2020. This arguable powerhouse smartphone comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 Octa-Core CPU, 6.53″ FHD+ IPS display, 48MP Quad Camera, Stereo speakers with a massive 6000 mAh battery & 18W fast-charging support.
Before we discuss our verdict, pros, and cons, let’s see the technical specification, box contents, and design of the new Redmi 9 Power.
Redmi 9 Power Technical Specification
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 (11 nm SoC) 2.0 GHz octa-core with Kryo 260 CPU with 950 MHz Adreno 610 GPU
- 6.53″ FHD+ IPS TFT LCD panel with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- 48 MP (Primary Lens) + 8 MP (Ultrawide FOV 120°) + 2 MP (Depth) + 2 MP (Macro) rear camera and 8 MP front camera
- 4 GB RAM + 64 (UFS 2.1)/128 (UFS 2.2) GB Internal Storage (Upto 512GB microSD card supported)
- Dual nano sim slot with dedicated microSD slot
- 6000 mAh Battery with 18W fast-charging and reverse charging support via USB Type-C
- 4G, Dual-band Wi-Fi, and GPS, A-GPS, LTEPP, SUPL, GLONASS, Galileo
- Side-mounted Fingerprint sensor & IR Blaster
- 3.5 mm headphone jack and stereo speakers (Hi-Res Audio) with Widevine L1 support
- MIUI based on Android 10
Redmi 9 Power Design
- Dimensions: 162.3 x 77.3 x 9.6 mm
- Weight: 198 grams
- Body: Plastic
- Colors available: Mighty Black, Blazing Blue, Fiery Red & Electric Green
Redmi 9 Power Box Contents
- Protective case
- Sim ejector tool
- 22.5W TurboPower Charger & Type-c USB 2.0 cable
- User manual
- Redmi 9 Power smartphone
Redmi 9 Power has got a 48MP primary camera with enormous options which looks very promising at least on paper. Even Qualcomm Snapdragon 662, Stereo Speakers and 6.53″ FHD+ panel will take your entertainment to next level, this device also supports Widevine L1 which ensures HD streaming in OTT applications like Netflix, etc. Additionally, a 6000 mAh battery can easily cover more than a day with moderate usage and 18W fast & reverse charging support is like cherry on the top.
If I talk about cons, I personally felt Mi should have provided a 64 MP primary sensor and 16 MP front camera but it’s definitely not a deal-breaker. Lastly, Mi has bundled 22.5W fast-charger in the box and the Redmi 9 Power support only 18W fast-charging which is a bit odd. These small improvements could easily make this phone best in class, simply unbeatable.
If you are looking for the best smartphone phone for entertaining purpose, undoubtedly go for Redmi 9 Power for a 48MP camera, 6.53″ FHD+ display with Widevine L1 support, 6000 mAh battery with 18W fast-charging, Stereo Speakers, and Dual-Band Wi-Fi otherwise, simply pick Realme 7i (4GB+128GB) at Rs. 12999 for better value for money proportion, 90Hz LCD display, and 64 MP Camera but it lacks stereo speakers and 6000 mAh battery.
You can also checkout our Best Mobile Phone under 15000 INR in India guide.
Frankly speaking, Redmi 9 Power 4GB+128GB variant is more value for money than its 4GB+64GB variant.
P.S. Redmi 9 Power will be available from December 22, 2020, at Amazon for 4GB+64GB at Rs. 10999/-, 4GB+128GB at Rs. 11999/-.