POCO recently launched POCO M2 on September 8, 2020. In 2018, Xiaomi released POCO F1 as the most value for the money flagship killer. This complete powerhouse shipped with top of the line Snapdragon 845 chipset although there were some corner cuts to price it under the 20k segment. It became so popular that even today many people purchase it without a doubt.
Now POCO has become an independent brand and already launched POCO X2 & POCO M2 Pro earlier this year. Now with POCO M2, also considered as a rebranded version of Redmi 9 Prime with higher RAM only, they are trying to penetrate the budget segment also.
Before we discuss our verdict, pros, and cons, let’s see the technical specification, box contents, and design of the new POCO M2.
POCO M2 Technical Specification
- MediaTek Helio G80 Octa-core, Up to 2.0 GHz. GPU G52 MC2 (Up to 950 MHz)
- 6.53″ FHD+ IPS Display 394 PPI with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- 13 MP f/2.2 (Primary Lens) + 8 MP f/2.2 (ultra-wide FOV 118.2°) + 5 MP f/2.4 (Macro Lens) + 2 MP f/2.4 (Depth Sensor) Rear camera and 8 MP f/2.05 front camera
- 6 GB LPDDR4X RAM + 64/128 GB Internal Storage
- Dual nano sim slot with dedicated MicroSD slot (up to 512 GB)
- 5000 mAh Battery with 18W Fast Charge via Type-C USB
- 4G, Dual-Band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, and A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- 3.5 mm Audio Jack and Infrared sensor
- Face unlock and fingerprint scanner
- MIUI 11 based on Android 10
POCO M2 Design
- Dimensions: 163.3 x 77 x 9.1 mm
- Body: Polycarbonate
- Weight: 198 gram
- Colors available: Pitch Black, Slate Blue, Brick Red
- Variant Available: 6 GB RAM + 64/128 GB ROM
POCO M2 Box Contents
- Pre-applied screen protector
- Sim ejector tool
- 18W Fast Charger & Type-C USB cable
- Quick Start Guide & Warranty Card
- POCO M2 smartphone
POCO M2 is undoubtedly hard to compete at the price point. Especially with FHD+ display, 6GB RAM, MediaTek G80 chipset, and dual-band WiFi, its only competition became Realme Narzo 10 and Redmi 9 Prime. Realme Narzo 10 have a 48 MP shooter but limited to 4GB RAM only, another hand POCO M2 is actually a Redmi 9 Prime with 6 GB RAM.
At this price point or maybe for 500 bucks more, if POCO could have managed to offer 48 MP camera then we can easily declare this as the most value for money powerful budget smartphone.
If you are looking for a powerful budget smartphone with an average camera then POCO M2 will be a perfect choice, otherwise you can go with Realme Narzo 10 especially if you don’t play heavy games.
P.S. POCO M2 smartphone will be available from September 15, 2020, at Flipkart, 6GB + 64GB at Rs. 10999/-, 6GB + 128GB at Rs. 12499/-.